Monday, May 9, 2011

Post 9: This week in science (Fruit Flies Part 2)

   This week in science my group and I did a chart of the rate in growth of fruit flies to see if our Male,Female & Female flies make babies but,it's like the whole generation.David fed our spider with the fruit flies,so the fruit fly caught in the web so our spider clumsy crawled to the fruit fly fast and started wrapping it with the web for a long time then the spider just put it on top of his stomach.
Daddy long legs wrap up the fruit fly in their web and eating later .
One thing I did in science was putting the fruit flies in our tube to see how much babies would it be on 3 weeks.I notice that a little bit of our insects in our tank is alive like the worms and centipedes.I also notice that our spider clumsy made a spider web on the sticks and he's hanging up side down and in our 2 females and 1 male tube we have 1 larva in the food.I hope my group get more larva's like around 24.
  This week in science I learned that male fruit flies are hairy and females are light at the bottom.I also learned about fruit flies that when you wanna use them to count,you have to use fly nap to put them to sleep for like 40 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment