Friday, April 15, 2011

Post 7: This Week in Science (Ecosystems)

Me,Melody & Tianna at the field trip in the garden.
  This week in science I did a group project with Melody & Tianna with our spider habitats finding insects for our spider to eat.In cohort:3 went on a field trip in science to the garden,so Melody,Tianna, & I went to get bags for our hands,then we took our tanks and 1st we put pebbles in our tank, 2nd we pick up dirt from the ground with the shovel and put dirt on top of the pebbles,3rd we put our rocks,plants,mini cave for our spider to live in, we sprayed water in the tank.We went around the garden to look under rocks and dig through dirt to find centipedes,worms,snails,slugs and other insects that spider like to eat.
    One thing in my terrarium is that our 2 snails is moving on the glass and plastic.Second thing I notice that me,melody found a bug moving on the stick in our terrarium,so we didn't remember catching that.I told melody that bugs be crawl on sticks and leafs that's how they got there.
   This week in science I learned that spiders eat a lot and these insects in our tank can crawl fast except the two snails we have in our tank because their slow.I learned that some insects in our tank die fast.I also learned that when you put insects in the terrarium their like half dead and alive.
This is our tank with our insects,with sticks as our mini cave for our spider,and moss on top of the rock.
   I'm curious about the spider because I hope the spider won't break the plastic that we put on top on the tank with tape on it and then we put the cover back on.I also hope that the snails stay alive in our tank because we have 2 that is small that's light green and the other one is big that's tan with red squirls on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment